It’s that time of year. The most wonderful time, of course. The time we can turn on music, and Christmas tunes are playing from every station. The time of twinkling lights, lighting the menorahs, merry making, and reconnecting with family and friends to celebrate the old and make new memories together. Truly, the holiday season is full of joy. If we’re being honest, however, many of us would also admit that the holidays also often include a certain amount of stress. After all, all the merry making and gift giving and party going doesn’t happen without a great deal of planning and preparation. While a certain amount of stress is probably unavoidable, the good news is that there are steps you can take to manage your stress during the holidays. Simple solutions such as sleep, time management and an effective CBD kit.
At Pharmstrong™, we are happy to offer you these five stress-busting suggestions:
- Simplify: Sometimes, it really is true that simple is best – that you are actually able to enjoy more when you do less. This is especially true during the holiday season. Sure, you could go to every festival. You could attend every party. You could make every recipe from scratch and spend hours and hours making homemade gifts for all of the important people in your life. You could spend a substantial amount of time and energy making sure that your Christmas lights are the best and brightest on your street. Or, you could attend some parties – those that are really important to you. You could make some recipes from scratch – but could also realize that purchasing something store-bought is also just fine. You could make homemade gifts – or you could find other less time-consuming, yet still thoughtful, ways to show that you care. You can still decorate your house – but instead of trying to make it look picture-perfect for others that drive by, you can focus on putting up fewer decorations (the ones that you truly love and have meaning to you and your family). When you simplify, you make time for yourself and those you love and be present in all of the moments that make the holiday season truly special.
- Make time for things you enjoy: Sometimes, during the busiest times of year, it can be tempting to put things that we enjoy and that make us feel good – things like exercise, hobbies, and other routine activities – on the back burner. Though the temptation is understandable, we would encourage you to try to avoid it. When you take some time to disconnect from the hectic hustle and bustle of the holidays and engage in an activity that you enjoy and that recharges and reenergizes you, you’ll be better able to enjoy all that the holidays offer as well. You’ll also feel less overwhelmed and more ready to tackle your holiday to-do list. Don’t feel guilty about taking time for yourself to do the things that you love!
- Give yourself the gift of CBD: If you’ve heard quite a bit of buzz lately about CBD and all of the benefits it offers and you haven’t experienced those benefits for yourself, then there’s no better time to begin than the holiday season. While the benefits of CBD are numerous, many enjoy the calming and relaxing effects that CBD provides. Particularly, if you are experiencing some extra holiday stress, finding a CBD kit that fits your needs and your lifestyle can go a long way toward helping to counterbalance that stress. At Pharmstrong™, we offer a wide variety of pure, premium, effective CBD products to suit your needs. A great way to introduce is through a CBD kit that will allow you to sample different products. Give a gift to yourself this holiday season, and call us to discuss which product might be best for you!
- Volunteer: At first, it might seem somewhat counterintuitive to add another activity to your already busy schedule, and this is understandable. In truth, however, when you give to others, you often receive far more for yourself. And in truth, what are the holidays about if not sharing and giving to others? Find a need in your community – a cause you care about – and contribute your time or your resources. By doing so, you’ll not only make someone else’s life better, you’ll also experience the joy and delight that can only come with giving selflessly. There aren’t many better stress relievers than that.
- Get plenty of sleep: Most of us know it is true that, when we feel rested, we have more of the energy we need to tackle all that our day demands. This is especially true during the busy holiday season. Unfortunately, however, sleep can also be one of the first things that we find ourselves neglecting when we get especially busy. It is tempting to think to ourselves, “I’ll just cut out some sleep for tonight to get more done and catch up on it later.” The problem is that, often, we don’t end up catching up on that valuable rest that we need, and we find ourselves becoming more and more exhausted as the holiday season goes on. It goes without saying that, when you are rested, you are able to do more and enjoy more. Don’t skimp on sleep! At Pharmstrong™, we know that you look forward to the holiday season and all that it has to offer. We hope that these tips are helpful to you as you try to take a more balanced, lower-stress approach to enjoying this wonderful season. We would also be honored to be a part of this season, and would love to have the opportunity to help you choose a CBD kit for yourself or for someone you love, not only during the holidays, but all year round. We carry an outstanding CBD kit specially formulated for sleep. If you are interested in any of our products and would like to learn more about whether they might be a good fit for your needs and lifestyle, we would love to talk with you and answer any questions you may have. We welcome you to our store, if you’re in the area, to sample our products for yourself. And if you’re not in the area, you can still call us or visit us online at any time. We wish you a wonderful holiday season and look forward to helping you soon!