Focus Shifts from Sleep to True Circadian Health
A genuinely good night’s sleep is invaluable. It is one of the most important ways to take care of the mind, the body, and the immune system. Sometimes, we fail to recognize when we are not getting enough restorative rest, which can result in several secondary consequences, like:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Physical fatigue
- Lack of energy
- Poor stress-management
- Feeling overwhelmed
- General sadness
- Increased risk for numerous health conditions
- & more
In order to ensure you are receiving a proper, rejuvenating night’s sleep, it is beneficial to learn the connection between your sleep patterns and your body’s circadian rhythm. Understanding true circadian health can help you take the necessary steps to elevate your sleep routine so you can enjoy a more thorough, revitalizing rest each night.
What Is Circadian Rhythm?
According to the National Sleep Foundation, the circadian rhythm is the body’s internal 24-hour clock, constantly engaged in the background of every day. It is an ongoing cycle that dictates when the body feels awake and alert, and when it experiences feelings of tiredness and drowsiness. It seamlessly works in timed intervals, which is why most people feel sleepy around the same time each day or night, and invigorated at others.
There are several factors that impact this natural rhythm. Because it is controlled by the hypothalamus (a section of the brain), the circadian rhythm can be influenced by things like exposure to light and darkness, repetition in your sleep/awake habit pattern, caffeine, and much more. In order to understand and work harmoniously with your body’s circadian rhythm to ensure you are experiencing a deep, healthy night’s sleep on a regular basis, you can implement some of the following tips.
Tips to Achieving a More Restful Night’s Sleep
Because your circadian rhythm can be influenced by many factors, here are a few ways to encourage a more consistent nightly sleep routine.
- Create and follow a sleep schedule. One of the best ways to help your body develop a consistent, healthy circadian rhythm is to follow a sleep schedule on a regular basis. To do so, choose the most ideal time that can work for you – depending on your typical schedule – and aim to be in bed by that time each night. Then, set your alarm for the same time each morning. If you are consistent with this schedule, in about a week, your body should naturally begin catering to that schedule. You will essentially be training your brain and sleep cycle to function at predictable intervals, which is highly beneficial to your natural circadian rhythm.
- Put away your electronics earlier.The brain can’t help but respond to light. It is an organic human response. When it is bright, the brain releases signals to the body that it is time to wake up. When it is dark, the brain releases melatonin, which helps the body wind down and influences your ability to sleep. Some of the lights radiating off of your devices (the blue lights in particular) resemble daytime light and block the production of melatonin, preventing you from falling asleep. At night, turn off your electronic devices at least a full hour before you plan to go to bed. This simple action will give your brain time to adjust to the evening and encourages the production of melatonin naturally.
- Limit your caffeine intake. Soda and coffee are full of caffeine and sugar, and they influence much more of your day than you may realize. For most people, the stimulant caffeine delivers a much-needed jolt of energy and mental clarity in the morning. However, the powerful ingredient remains in your body for several hours following consumption – known as the “half-life.” If you consume high amounts of caffeine throughout the day, or you enjoy caffeinated beverages late in the day, the stimulant will block your brain from releasing melatonin when it is time to rest, effectively preventing you from falling asleep.
- Incorporate a holistic wellness product containing all-natural melatonin. If you still struggle to rest, and you prefer to avoid unnatural remedies, consider adding a natural wellness product containing melatonin into your routine. CBD has recently made a splash in the wellness market as a versatile natural ingredient used to promote general wellness, including encouraging a more restful night’s sleep. Premier CBD brands like Pharmstrong™ have tailored CBD products and even a full CBD Kit to meet the unique needs of consumers with trouble sleeping. These products include a CBD Softgel + Melatonin for sleep, and a CBD Sleep Kit, one of many CBD Kits created to make shopping for CBD products that complement one another easier than ever. A natural product containing melatonin could be the simple, holistic solution you have been missing to help you rest well.
Sleep Well with CBD
If you choose to implement any of the above tips to positively influence your natural circadian rhythm, we truly hope you achieve success. If you decide to incorporate one of Pharmstrong’s™ Pure + Potent CBD products to help, we are certain that you will be happy you did! CBD is the hemp-derived wellness product people can’t stop talking about, and it has earned its positive reputation by delivering numerous benefits naturally and without psychoactive side effects.
Pharmstrong’s™ CBD stands out among competing brands because everything we sell is:
- Grown under rigorous farming standards in the United States.
- Broad-spectrum and THC-free.
- Processed using consistent, scientifically-advanced techniques.
- Considered Verified Pure Premium Grade™, the highest classification for quality and purity.
- Third-party lab tested to verify premium quality in every bottle.
- Fast-acting and long-lasting.
- Free of chemicals, metals, and pesticides.
You can shop on our website, place your order over the phone, or visit us in person at our Breckenridge, Colorado shop, where you can experience our one-of-a-kind CBD sample bar! No matter how you choose to shop, you are sure to find several versatile products to meet your needs! From immunity-supporting CBD Multivitamin Gummy Drops to soothing topicals like CBD Body Balm and a CBD Gel Roller, our inventory is full of unique innovations.
Get started today and start enjoying the best sleep of your life!