Natural Ways to Cleanse Your LungsMelissa Dugan
Since COVID-19 began impacting the lives of millions across the globe, many have shifted their daily habits to avoid getting sick and to protect their loved ones. From wearing masks in public to social distancing, this “new normal” is primarily in place to keep us safe. Each day, we seek new, scientifically-grounded ways to optimize our health – inside and out – in an effort to be as resilient and healthy as possible.
Lung and respiratory health have gained more attention lately, as COVID-19 is primarily a lung issue. Diligently implementing daily practices to strengthen and cleanse your lungs allows for your body’s natural filters to function optimally to filter out more toxins and pollutants. It is important to remember that there are many ways viruses can spread, so cleansing your lungs will not make you protected. However, incorporating healthy behaviors can increase your overall health and resilience. If you believe you are sick, seek professional medical advice before implementing any natural cleansing remedy.
Breathe Well Naturally
Whether we realize it or not, we can breathe in pollutants on a daily basis. On any given day, we may be breathing in:
- dust particles
- exhaust emissions
- air pollution
- first-hand or second-hand smoke
Depending on the city you live in, you may have gotten used to the air you breathe; though even if you don’t notice it, thick, toxic air is still negatively impacting your lungs. Because our lungs are a self-cleaning organ, many people don’t realize that we actually can cleanse them to allow them to function more effectively. With just a few habit changes, you can eliminate some residual toxins existing in the lungs that make your breathing feel heavy and difficult in order to refresh your lungs completely.
1. Avoid smoking and breathing in second-hand smoke
There are several ways to cleanse and detoxify your lungs, but if you are a smoker, there is nothing more important for your lung health than eliminating the costly habit. Smoking, or breathing in second-hand smoke, can lead to several long-term health problems and predisposes you to internal and external medical conditions. Whether you’ve been smoking for a few days or a few years, the sooner you stop, the better for you and your lung health.
If you or a loved one needs support or resources on how to quit smoking naturally, the American Lung Association offers education, coaching, and counsel.
2. Take steps to purify the air you breathe
While we have little control over the pollutants that occur outside – especially in bustling cities with high emissions and pollution – we can control the purity of the air we breathe in our homes. There are many ways to ensure the air flowing indoors is as clean and pure as possible:
- Vacuum your home often. Remove residual fibers, pet dander, and dust particles from surfaces and the air, eliminating the chance of you breathing them in.
- Purchase an air purifier for your home. A high-quality air purifier can help eliminate airborne germs and particles, control odors, and improve the overall cleanliness of the air in your home.
- Change your air filters regularly. It can be easy to forget to change the air filters in your home, so setting a regularly-scheduled reminder can help you remember to swap them out for new, clean ones every three months. Air filters help remove and trap allergens and particles from the air that circulates through your home, so this is absolutely worth the effort.
- Avoid artificial scents. From candles and waxes to air-fresheners and cleaning products, artificial scents can irritate the lungs and cause discomfort. Whenever possible, swap artificial scents for natural ones, like essential oils and beeswax.
3. Improve your daily habits
Each day, everything we eat, drink, and do has an impact on our overall health. Some habits have a larger impact than others, but collectively, healthy behavior translates to increased overall wellness. Implementing healthier habits is not only good for general health, but it also benefits our lungs.
- Implement breathing exercises into your routine. Breathing exercises are good for your lungs, your body, and can help manage emotional fatigue, too! There are numerous types of breathing exercises you can practice, and they can help improve overall lung function to ensure you are breathing properly and effectively.
- Stay physically active. Exercising regularly is not only beneficial to your waistline and self-esteem, it greatly impacts your lung functioning.
- Eat well and stay hydrated. It may be surprising to hear that you can cleanse and nourish your lungs with food and water, but it’s true. Our lungs function optimally when we consume fresh, nutritious food. Vitamins and antioxidants help fight off free-radicals and support healthy lung functioning. Additionally, simply consuming 6-8 glasses of water each day helps maintain your lung’s protective mucosal lining.
- Inhale steam to cleanse your lungs. This very simple action can help open your airways and encourages your lungs to drain mucus naturally. You can do this daily for just a few minutes, and your lungs will feel refreshed and lighter.
Many of these recommendations can be implemented easily and inexpensively, and you can reap invaluable benefits from them. Be wary of retailers promising “lung cleanses” that appear unnatural or seemingly “too good to be true,” because they probably are. The absolute best way to cleanse your lungs is naturally and with healthy habits over time. Incorporating these effective solutions can have a lasting impact on your lung functioning, and frankly, your overall health.
Pharmstrong™: Your Partner in Wellness
At Pharmstrong™, our passion and expertise are CBD, but your health and well-being is our top priority. Everything we do as a brand is with you and your wellness in mind, and we are passionate about distributing credible educational materials and resources for you to benefit from.
In these unique and challenging times, we are thankful that our premium quality CBD has been able to support a growing number of returning customers who have found comfort in our versatile, dependable products. Our all-natural Pure + Potent CBD is crafted with care and attention to detail, ensuring that you only receive the highest-quality CBD products on the market.
We offer a wide range of fast-acting, long-lasting Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD products to fit seamlessly into every lifestyle, including convenient CBD Kits. Our intelligently-paired CBD Kits take the guesswork out of product-pairing, as we bundle two or more of our effective products for one low price – plus free shipping! We also offer free shipping on any order over $75.
Contact Us Today!
Our knowledgeable CBD professionals are available to answer any questions you have about CBD in general, specific products, or to provide personalized recommendations for you. You can reach us:
? By phone 1-303-720-1904
✉ Online by sending us a message
⌂ In-person at our Breckenridge, Colorado shop
We look forward to helping you find the perfect products to help you feel your best each day. Contact us today to get started!