Simple and Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System
With immune health being especially important lately, it has never been more essential to find all-natural, practical methods to keep yourself and your family healthy. When your family’s wellness depends on it, you want simple, effective solutions you can implement immediately. That’s why, with you and your family’s best interest in mind, we have compiled numerous tips to help you stay well in these uncertain times.
Get to Know Your Immune System: The Basics
One common misconception about the immune system is that increasing your daily vitamin C intake can protect you from getting sick. Unfortunately, it is not quite that simple. While vitamin C does benefit the body, your immune system needs much more than a simple vitamin boost to function at its peak. In order to provide your body the head-to-toe support it needs, it’s important to understand the fascinating inner-workings of our body’s defense against sickness: the immune system.
The immune system consists of numerous components, each working to combat harmful microorganisms. Working harmoniously, many of our organs and vessels provide defenses to pathogens, and each plays a vital role in keeping us healthy.
- Gut – The gut contains numerous good bacteria that help fend off bad bacteria. It naturally creates a chemical defense against pathogens and balances pH levels. Actively producing beneficial antimicrobial matter while balancing flora (good bacteria), the gut plays an important role in your overall immune system. Maintaining a healthy gut is critical to your overall immune health, as it functions optimally when you digest nutrient-rich, anti-inflammatory foods, probiotics, and supplements. Some believe that a healthy gut is the top priority for creating a strong immune system.
- Skin – Our largest organ and our first line of defense, our skin provides a barrier to protect us from germs. The skin contains around 20 billion T cells (small white blood cells) that help protect bacteria from entering our bodies. You can keep your skin healthy by keeping it thoroughly clean and well-nourished.
- Lymphatic system – The lymphatic system is a network of tissues, vessels, organs, and tissues that work symbiotically to deliver lymph fluid through the body. Lymph fluid contains pathogen-fighting white blood cells and helps filter dangerous toxins by flushing them out. Muscular movement stimulates the flow of lymphatic fluids, so staying active is highly beneficial.
- Respiratory system – This system of organs intakes oxygen and releases carbon dioxide. Thanks to a healthy layer of mucus, germs and other pathogens are barricaded before they reach the lungs.
- Spleen – A healthy spleen helps the immune system by storing bacteria-fighting white blood cells and platelets. It also cleans and filters blood.
If this sounds a little complex, don’t worry – it is! Maintaining a healthy immune system truly is a full-body effort. Now that you realize how much of your body is working in harmony to keep you well, you can begin to implement immunity-supporting behaviors to maximize your wellness. Luckily, natural solutions are not nearly as complex as the inner workings of our system.
Easy Ways to Support Your Immunity
A few simple changes can have a drastic impact on your overall health. In an effort to optimize your entire immune system, here are a few natural ways to give your system a boost.
- Gut Check: Pay close attention to the foods and drinks you are consuming. Are you fueling your body with nutritious, vitamin-rich foods? Whenever possible, try consuming healthy, plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruits, grains, and legumes. Avoid deep-fried, highly processed foods, limit your alcohol intake, and drink plenty of water. Some nutrient-dense foods to incorporate into your daily routine are:
- Red peppers
- Citrus (lemon, grapefruit, orange)
Consider adding a wellness-evoking product to your daily routine, such as a multivitamin or a dynamic and versatile CBD product, like CBD Softgels + Curcumin. Curcumin has been used for thousands of years for its antioxidant properties, and high-quality CBD can help promote balance and overall wellness.
- Take Care of Your Skin: To properly nourish your body’s largest organ, it’s important to keep it clean and well-moisturized.
- Always thoroughly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds multiple times per day.
- Wash and hydrate your face at least twice per day.
- Each day, thoroughly wash your body head to toe and use a moisture-rich, skin-soothing lotion or body balm to keep your skin supple and healthy.
- Get Moving: To maximize the effectiveness of your lymphatic system and respiratory system’s immunity-boosting defenses, exercise is key. Increase your heart rate and engage your lungs by participating in at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day. This gets the lymphatic fluids moving and encourages healthy lung activity, helping to maintain optimal filtration of pathogens and bacteria out of your body.
- Keep Your Spleen Healthy: In addition to eating well and exercising, you can increase the health of your spleen by drinking warm herbal tea, avoiding emotional fatigue, and maintaining a healthy sleep schedule.
- Consider adding a safe, all-natural CBD product into your daily routine to promote calmness and clarity.
- To enhance your relaxation efforts, try a CBD Softgel + Melatonin, offering all the benefits of CBD enhanced by the sleep-supporting ingredient, melatonin.
While relatively simple in nature, these tips can contribute to a more overall robust immune system and a healthier life. Feel free to incorporate some or all of these tips into your everyday routine, and be sure to share these valuable tips with loved ones who may also benefit from practical wellness advice.
Staying Healthy and Staying PharmSTRONG™
At Pharmstrong™ we know that the well-being of your family is of utmost importance. Whether you are new to Pharmstrong™ or you’ve been part of our family for a while now, we want to remind you that you have a partner in health and wellness. We work hard to ensure that our Pure + Potent CBD products are crafted with strict attention to detail from seed to bottle and that every top-notch product delivered to your door will contribute to your vitality and resilience.
For your convenience, you can purchase our Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD products and perfectly paired CBD Kits in our store in Breckenridge, Colorado (follow us on Instagram for up-to-date information about store hours), online, and over the phone by calling our 1-800 number. You can also contact us at any time if you have questions or would like a personalized product recommendation. We look forward to partnering with you on your journey toward increased wellness!