Colorado is arguably one of the most beautiful places in the world. Year-round, you can find engaging activities, unique places to explore, and countless opportunities to make lasting memories with friends and family. Lovers of the outdoors simply can’t get enough of the picturesque landscapes and natural wonders, while specialty stores and eclectic restaurants satisfy every shopping and dining enthusiast. When you visit Breckenridge, you truly get to experience the very best that Colorado has to offer.
This energetic mountain town has spectacular panoramic views and plenty of options for you to eat, drink, and be entertained. Because of this, this quaint area is a popular tourist hotspot. Breckenridge is said to be a place where visitors feel like locals, and locals have the time of their lives.
If you visit Breckenridge this summer, you’ll likely find yourself planning your next trip before even leaving – there is so much to enjoy! As you begin making your summer travel plans, you won’t want to leave these Breckenridge favorites off your itinerary.
Go for a hike!
With hundreds of miles of unique trails to choose from, there is a perfect hike waiting for you. Most hikes are categorized as easy, moderate, or difficult, depending on how challenging the terrain is, as well as the elevation change. No matter which trail you choose, you are bound to be overwhelmed by the natural beauty of Breckenridge, including cascading waterfalls, lakes, an abundance of wildflowers and soaring trees, and of course, unparalleled mountain views. Some of the best hikes to enjoy in Breckenridge in the summer are:
- Burro Trail – This beautiful backcountry hike can be modified to be as long or short as you like, and in just minutes, you will feel thoroughly immersed in nature.
- Sawmill Trail – This short, well-shaded hike is surrounded by lush pine trees and ends at the breathtaking Sawmill Reservoir – the perfect place for a scenic picnic.
- Boreas Pass Road – The perfect end-of-summer hike and one of the best places to view the trees and colorful leaves through the summer and into fall, Boreas Pass offers spectacular views of the Tenmile mountain range and Breckenridge Resort.
Dine Like a Local!
With over 100 bars and restaurants in downtown Breckenridge, your ideal dining experience is within reach. Whether you prefer a family-friendly restaurant, a dog-friendly restaurant with patio seating, or a lively bar atmosphere, you will find what you’re looking for here. In the summer, the dining scene comes alive as most restaurants expand to accommodate outdoor seating and refreshing menu options to help you cool off after a day of action-packed adventure. Many even offer live local music! Here are a few top options to suit everyone’s tastes:
- Family-friendly Breckenridge favorites include:
- Empire Burger – A burger joint for the whole family, Empire is known to have one of the largest varieties of dipping sauces to choose from. They have 20 sauce options to choose from, including jalapeño ketchup, sriracha mayo, parmesan peppercorn, and so many more. An explosion of flavor awaits!
- Fatty’s Pizzeria – A local gem, Fatty’s spacious patio, and laid-back atmosphere make everyone feel at home. In addition to pizza, their generous menu includes pasta, sandwiches, and even seafood. You can also watch your favorite sporting event on one of the many TVs throughout the restaurant.
- Dog-friendly Breckenridge favorites include:
- Quandary Grille – This casual restaurant with a western theme pays homage to the county’s rich mining history. They allow dogs on their very spacious patio that features a stunning mountain view. Quandary’s is not only dog friendly, they even have a special menu for your four-legged companion!
- Motherloaded Tavern – This trendy restaurant has a fun, energetic atmosphere, friendly wait staff who love dogs, and a back patio where you and your dog feel welcome all season long. To top it off, their eclectic menu has you eager to try new things. You’ll leave feeling happy, full, and satisfied.
- Bar and happy hour lovers will enjoy:
- Modis – Known for innovative cocktails and a lively happy hour, Modis is in the heart of downtown Breckenridge. This restaurant/cocktail bar’s entire atmosphere exudes energy and artistic creativity.
- Ember – An experience unlike any other, visiting Ember is truly an event to be remembered. Featuring edgy, unconventional cocktails as well as a wine attic, this hotspot elevates your happy hour festivities.
Stop in Breckenridge-Exclusive Shops!
When you visit Breckenridge, you will be surrounded by some one-of-a-kind shops that you simply can’t find anywhere else in the country or even the world. Locals are dedicated to pursuing their passions and giving you experiences you will remember for a lifetime. Stop into these amazing shops and experience the warmth of Breckenridge.
- Get Real Bazaar – This fun, fresh shop features works of art and crafts from locals. You can find clothing, housewares, beauty products, handmade decor, and even carved Breckenridge bears. You can find treasures for your loved ones (or yourself) that are truly one of a kind.
- Peek-a-Boo Toys – This nostalgic toy shop brings joy to the young and the young at heart! They feature classic games and toys, as well as fun, unique finds. This shop is a community fixture, featuring a warm, playful atmosphere people love to gather for classic fun.
- Pharmstrong’s™ CBD Sample Bar – This one-of-a-kind experience allows customers to do something unheard of: You can actually sample some of the hottest wellness products on the market today! The small but mighty family-owned CBD shop has a strong online following with customers from coast to coast shopping regularly. When you stop at their shop in Breckenridge in person, you’ll experience the compassionate approach the brand is known for, and you can try their renowned Pure + Potent CBD as well! While you’re there, don’t forget to check out the tasty new CBD Multivitamin Gummy Drops. Or, if you’re a really thrifty shopper, take advantage of the bargain CBD Kits, offering multiple intelligently-paired CBD products at one discounted price.
As you can see, there is so much fun to be had in Breckenridge this summer! You probably can’t wait to pack your bags and get the adventure started. Before you do, don’t forget to check the updated CDC recommendations for the local area. Many businesses are still requiring that patrons wear a mask to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, so plan accordingly so nothing stops you from having a great time in Breckenridge!
Pharmstrong™: A Breckenridge Gem
Pharmstrong™ is the unparalleled CBD brand located in the epicenter of the hemp industry, and they are leading the charge on all-natural, organic wellness solutions. Pharmstrong’s™ Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD products are fast-acting, long-lasting, and THC-free, so they are the perfect travel companion as you explore everything Breckenridge has to offer. If you aren’t traveling to Breckenridge just yet, don’t worry! You can still:
- Shop online 24/7. We offer free shipping on all CBD Kits and orders $75+
- Call 1-866-399-5371 to place your order over the phone
- Contact us via Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, or our contact page if you have questions
We hope to see you when you visit Breckenridge. Have a great summer!