What’s the Difference between CBD for Pets And Humans?Melissa Dugan
If you have a pet, it is likely that your little furry pal is truly an important member of the family. Some people never realized they could find such unconditional love and companionship in a small, four-legged friend, but when it happens, your life is forever enriched. Whether your home is filled with delicate meows or high-volume barks, the moment you walk in the door, you probably receive a warm, happy welcome. There’s no feeling in the world quite like it.
As pet owners, we tend to involve our pets in many of our day-to-day activities. From snuggling on the couch, watching our favorite TV shows, to walks, runs, and exploring trails, we like to show our little companions the best life has to offer.
While it’s no secret that pushing our bodies to the limit can result in us feeling physically fatigued and mentally drained, it may be easy to forget that our athletic, high-energy pets can experience the same discomforts that we do. As our pets age, they tend to encounter many of the same physical and emotional weariness as humans. Because we want what’s best for our four-legged best friends, it’s important to choose safe, all-natural, and fast-acting products when we are tending to their needs. That’s why CBD for pets is in such high demand lately.
How Does CBD Work for Pets and Humans?
To understand how CBD works for pets and humans, it’s important to understand how CBD works in general. Here’s a quick cheat sheet:
- CBD (also known as cannabidiol) is one of many beneficial compounds found in hemp plants. It, along with numerous other cannabinoids (believe it or not, over 100) are naturally occurring and, unlike THC, does not have psychoactive effects.
- The human body AND the bodies of our pets are regulated by the endocannabinoid system, which is full of neurotransmitters and receptors and is responsible for numerous biological functions. Healthy bodies naturally produce endocannabinoids to maintain the system’s ideal balance, but with age, physical exertion, diet, and many other factors, sometimes the body does not naturally produce as much as we need. These deficits manifest themselves through sleeplessness, fatigue, and bodily discomforts – to name a few observable symptoms.
- Advancements in science have taught us that CBD can actually have life-improving consequences, as cannabidiol can actually mimic our naturally-occurring endocannabinoids (uclahealth.org). This means, in essence, that CBD is able to replenish some important compounds our body needs for optimum health, and as a result, we will feel better.
Now that you have a better understanding of the technical side of CBD, you might be wondering if all CBD is created equally and if the CBD used for humans is identical to the CBD used for pets. As responsible pet owners, this concern is admirable. We would never take a chance with our children, and similarly, we would not proceed with a new product for our pets without being informed.
First, it’s important to know that, in essence, the CBD used in products for human consumption and pet consumption don’t differ in their overall composition.
Even though the CBD contained in products made for human consumption is not essentially different from the CBD in pet-specific products, dosage recommendations and supplemental ingredients likely will differ. It is important to closely read the labels for anything you or your pet are going to consume and follow the dosage instructions. Supplements specially formulated for pets tend to be tailored to their specific needs and have dosage suggestions on the label. Those recommendations are made with professional considerations to optimize the product efficacy based on your pet’s weight.
Also, many CBD products are formulated by veterinarians, accounting for the unique, specific taste buds that our domesticated animals have, which are different than our human taste buds.
Three Ways to Incorporate CBD into Your Pet’s Routine
- Dog lovers know that the quickest way to get their pup’s ears to perk up is to say that one magic word: treat! We love the tail-wagging joy that comes from a simple, yet flavorful bite that tells our four legged friends, “good boy” or “good girl!” That’s why a savory treat that also contains the many benefits of CBD is a quick and easy way to add this “wonder-supplement” into your canine’s day. To ensure your pet receives the highest quality Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD, your friends at Pharmstrong™ offer a tasty, veterinarian-formulated CBD Dog Treat that will provide your pup with all the excitement of a flavorful snack, packed with the helpful properties of our peerless, Pure + Potent CBD. These tasty bites are non-GMO, THC-free, gluten free, and sugar free, and are third party tested for utmost quality, so you know you are giving your best friend the very best treats.
- Just like humans, an excellent and effective way for high-quality CBD to begin working quickly for your pet is to use a fast-acting, water-soluble oral drop. When squeezed directly into your dog or cat’s mouth, your companion is likely to experience the advantages of CBD promptly as the product begins to absorb into the bloodstream. When you choose a scientifically advanced formula, such as the Pharmstrong’s™ CBD Oral Drops, you can expect even faster absorption thanks to the innovative process of nano-emulsion, which increases the bioavailability of the supplement, making it absorb up to four times faster than the average CBD oral drop on the market.
- For those of you with pets who, despite being the cutest little furballs, can’t sit still for five seconds for a picture or a nail clipping, oral drops directly in the mouth might sound nearly impossible. You may already be envisioning the mess you’ll have to clean up after trying to administer them. Fortunately, oral drops can also be put directly onto kibbles or treats! Though it is recommended to avoid giving your pet’s recommended dosage with a full meal, this method is still a viable way to seamlessly incorporate CBD Oral Drops into your canine or feline’s daily routine.
Important Things to Consider
When you are making the significant decision to add a new product to your best pal’s diet, you’re going to want to do some research. Not all CBD is high-quality CBD. Factors such as the nutrients in soil where the hemp is grown, all the way to the method of production, can have a drastic impact on the safety and quality of any CBD product. We recommend only consuming meticulously crafted, natural CBD products, produced with strict attention to detail to ensure their purity and effectiveness. Further, it is essential that your CBD product is lab tested by a third-party, guaranteeing the highest level of quality assurance possible. At Pharmstrong™, we have earned our excellent reputation as the distributor of only the best, purest Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD on the market. We look forward to growing our CBD family by continuing to deliver top-notch products, incomparable customer service, and consistent integrity at every stage of our process. Further, every one of our products contains a batch number that you can enter here and immediately see the purity of your specific product. These outstanding qualities are why, at Pharmstrong™, we stand out from the growing pack of competitors and offer you and your pets the most trusted CBD experience available.