What Is CBD Isolate & How Is It Used?
CBD: The Hottest Wellness Trend
With CBD products taking the health and wellness market by storm, it has never been easier to try the “wonder product” everyone is talking about. From CBD oils and softgels, to body balms and vape pens, there are numerous options for a curious consumer to choose from. Because these products are so highly regarded and customers continually boast of the life-improving benefits to friends, family, and on social media, the demand for high-quality CBD products continues to rise as a holistic option to improve wellness and vitality.
Just like with any other trending item, especially one that can impact your mind and body, it is important to do some research before choosing your CBD products. While CBD is generally easy to find, you may be surprised to discover that many of the products on the market are not of the highest quality, and sometimes, labels contain false claims. Some of the inaccuracies include false information about how much of the active ingredient, CBD, is actually contained in the product. Because of this, it is very important for shoppers to not simply read labels, but to only purchase CBD products from companies who are diligent and candid with their product’s ingredients. In addition, you should insist that the company have every item third-party tested for potency and quality, and share those lab reports freely with customers. That way, you don’t just have to take a company’s word for it, you have verifiable proof of potency claims.
Most CBD products will contain a few ingredients that may increase the effectiveness and experience of that specific supplement. For instance, many oral drops will have a flavor added to make the taste more pleasant – like mint or orange essential oils. Body balms may contain soothing essential oils or beeswax to nourish the skin while providing beneficial CBD oil. Products may also include other naturally occurring, hemp-derived cannabinoids to work synergistically with CBD.
But what if you don’t want other ingredients? What if you prefer just CBD?
What if you want more control over the exact CBD dosage you ingest? Luckily, there is a CBD product for you as well: CBD Isolate.
How Does CBD Isolate Differ from Other CBD Products on the Market?
Like the name implies, CBD isolate is essentially pure CBD. It is a unique, surprisingly versatile product that gives the consumer a more hands-on CBD experience as they explore the many uses of this powder-based supplement.
To understand and truly appreciate CBD isolate, it is important to start from the beginning of the process. Because CBD is just one of the many cannabinoids found in the hemp plant, the first step is the same as the creation of any other CBD product: the typical extraction process.
After that, the extracted compounds go through another meticulous purification and filtration process to remove all but the densely pure CBD compound.
Next, it goes through the scientifically advanced “winterization process” that more thoroughly and carefully removes any remaining waxes or other substances, completing the task of extracting, refining, isolating, and purifying only the cannabidiol (CBD) from the many other minuscule compounds within the plant.
Once the very detail-intensive process is complete, the final product contains approximately 99% supremely pure CBD with no fillers, no other cannabinoids, and no THC. This makes CBD Isolate unlike any other product available on the market.
How Is CBD Isolate Used?
Because this pure CBD product is a powder, it can be surprisingly versatile and is said to be remarkably effective. Instead of having to closely read labels to see how much CBD is contained in each oil or capsule in order to know exactly how much of the CBD ingredient you’ll be ingesting, you can more easily control your servings with this one-ingredient product.
Here are some of the most popular ways CBD isolate is being used and loved:
- Sublingually – Consumers can experience the utmost benefits of CBD isolate by simply placing their preferred amount directly under the tongue. Enjoying this product sublingually allows for the tiny blood vessels under the tongue to quickly absorb the helpful compound and deliver it promptly to the bloodstream, bypassing the typical digestion process. This powder is tasteless and odorless, so this method is not only effective, but it doesn’t leave a funny aftertaste in your mouth, so you can comfortably enjoy this fast-acting technique.
- In your favorite beverage – Another benefit to the pure, odorless, tasteless CBD isolate is that it can be added to your beverage of choice and ingested easily. Whether you prefer to add it to the many ingredients of a morning smoothie, your favorite juice, or a cup of coffee, your CBD isolate powder will mix well and provide all the benefits of CBD with ease.
- Mix it with a carrier oil – Carrier oils, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, MCT (medium-chain triglycerides), and others play a vital role in increasing the rate at which your body can absorb the CBD product. It aids with digestion and bioavailability, allowing for you to experience the maximum benefits of your desired dosage. After mixing your CBD isolate with a carrier oil, you can use it as a sublingual drop, or it can even be used topically to directly treat areas of the body needing attention. One surprising way to use your CBD isolate oil is in a food recipe, but beware: heating CBD isolate above 350 degrees can drastically decrease its potency.
Pros and Cons of CBD Isolate
- You know you are receiving pure CBD with no fillers or other ingredients.
- You get control over your exact dosages, and can use precision when addressing your personal dosage needs.
- You can create your own unique products with ingredients you know and trust.
- You won’t experience the benefits of the numerous other cannabinoids derived from hemp, which provide consumers with the synergistic experience of the “entourage effect.”
- You may be limited in the products you desire to create at home (as there will most likely be more product versatility offered from trusted CBD retailers).
CBD – Beneficial in Many Forms
Whether you prefer the fun, hands-on experience of creating your own CBD products, or you reap the many benefits of CBD from supplements at your favorite trusted CBD shop, the wellness-boosting consequences are undeniable.
In your search for the perfect CBD product for you, you may be curious to try a few before settling on just one favorite. And if you happen to be in the Breckenridge, Colorado area, you can stop by Pharmstrong’s™ one-of-a-kind sample bar! If you don’t live in the area, you can still shop online and peruse the all naturally grown, third-party tested, Verified Pure Premium Grade™ (VPPG) CBD products Pharmstrong™ has to offer. As one of the top CBD providers in the industry, Pharmstrong™ has earned its reputation as one of the most trusted and reliable sources for the highest quality, Pure + Potent CBD.
So whether you decide to branch out and try your hand at CBD product making, or you choose to trust a reputable CBD provider, you are likely to experience the unmatched, all-natural benefits of CBD as soon as you incorporate it into your life.