As CBD continues to make a positive impression on researchers and consumers alike, interest in the hemp-derived compound is rapidly increasing. Exclusive retailers are crafting new, enticing CBD-infused wellness products that you can’t help but want to try, like:
- CBD Multivitamin Gummy Drops, which provides your daily vitamins plus potent CBD; or
- CBD Hydrating Face Pearls, spa-like experience in the comfort of your home, combining CBD with a deeply moisturizing product that turns back the clock on fine lines.
While the list of cutting-edge CBD innovations continues to grow, many eager consumers want to give the famous compound a try, but they aren’t sure if they should mix it with their current medication. If you take any prescription medication for any condition, you should consult with your physician immediately before adding any new wellness product into your routine, just to be safe. Why? Because some medications may not work harmoniously with CBD, and your product may not be effective. Let’s dig a little bit deeper to understand CBD and how it interacts with the body.
CBD: A Beginner’s Guide
- CBD is a compound derived from the hemp plant.
- Short for cannabidiol, it is one of over 100 compounds called cannabinoids that the impressive plant produces.
- When the hemp plant reaches its optimal maturity, expert cultivators harvest the plant. Then, the cannabinoid-rich flowers, leaves, and stalks are carefully manufactured, extracting, and purifying the beneficial compounds so they can be added to many of the wellness products you see on shelves and online today.
- To the relief of many, CBD is completely legal in the United States, and it has been since 2018 when The Farm Bill was signed into law. The bill states that all CBD derived from hemp that contains .3% THC or less is legal for purchase and consumption.
- Because .3% THC (the ingredient known to produce mind-altering side effects) is a small amount, CBD is not known to produce any psychoactive experiences. For consumers added peace of mind, some retailers take the extra step to remove all THC, and those products will be labeled “broad-spectrum.”
- CBD is an appealing holistic wellness solution because it is all-natural and plant-derived. Consumers use CBD on a daily basis for several reasons, including:
- Encouraging a more restful, rejuvenating night’s sleep
- Expediting muscle recovery after a strenuous workout
- Minimizing discomfort in overworked or aging joints
- Promoting a sense of emotional clarity and peace
- Enhancing their daily skincare routine
- & much more
CBD is so versatile because, as it enters the bloodstream, it deeply absorbs and begins interacting harmoniously with the endocannabinoid system. It is because of that interaction that CBD may be less effective when mixed with some medications. Here’s why.
CBD and the Endocannabinoid System
CBD is impressive because of the unique way it interacts with the endocannabinoid system. On a microscopic level, when you ingest any medication or wellness product, the body begins to metabolize it – that is, break it down so it can absorb what the body needs and eliminate what it doesn’t. The reason CBD is so effective is that it interacts with the body’s enzymes that properly metabolize the cannabinoids, communicating with the many receptors in your body responsible for how you sleep, how you experience physical and emotional fatigue, and much more. The dominant enzyme family responsible for processing 60% of CBD and other cannabinoids is called CYP3A4.
Here’s why other medications may not mix well with CBD. Some medications can inhibit the CYP3A4 enzyme, preventing the beneficial cannabinoids from properly being metabolized in your body. Consequently, the body will not experience the maximum benefits from the CBD product. Of course, every medication is different, and this is not inevitable, but it is definitely something worth learning about if you’re considering trying CBD.
Remember: If you take medication for any condition, consult with your physician before adding CBD or any other wellness product to your routine so you can understand how the ingredients will interact.
Pharmstrong™: Your Source for Premium CBD
If you don’t currently take any prescription medication, or if your physician says CBD is a great addition to your routine, it is important to find a brand that offers high quality, Pure + Potent CBD. You deserve nothing less.
Pharmstrong™ offers a wide array of carefully-crafted, premium quality CBD products you can count on. Our Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD has improved the daily lives of thousands of happy customers from coast to coast, and we hope to do the same for you. When you shop with Pharmstrong™, you can rest assured that all of our products are:
These core pillars guide us each day as we strive to offer you a truly helpful, enjoyable experience. We stand out from the crowd of generic CBD brands because we aim to exceed industry standards at every step, including:
- Rigorous, organic farming methods, ensuring every hemp plant is grown in nutritious U.S. soil using meticulous, sustainable farming practices.
- Scientifically-advanced extraction and purification methods, guaranteeing that all beneficial cannabinoids are extracted and preserved while removing all unwanted residual solvents, molds, and heavy metals.
- Expert removal of THC, making every product we sell “broad-spectrum” and THC-free for your comfort and convenience.
- Lab testing from a neutral third-party for an added layer of quality assurance. Third-party lab testing is an essential quality of a trusted retailer, as it helps customers verify that the label matches the contents and ingredients in the bottle. Our lab reports can be viewed online any time, or by scanning the unique QR code on every bottle.
- Unmatched customer support, offering friendly, knowledgeable experts to guide you on your CBD wellness journey to help you achieve your goals.
At Pharmstrong™, we are committed to producing the best CBD products on the market and watching them breathe new life into everyday consumers. We believe that everyone deserves a longer, healthier, more vibrant life, and our unparalleled CBD products can help.
If you are ready to see why our premium CBD is a staple in households across the U.S., you can:
- Shop online, where you can read detailed descriptions and purchase individual products or explore our many money-saving CBD Kits, featuring two or more of our fast-acting, long-lasting products at one low price – plus free shipping!
- Call us at 1-866-399-5371 if you’d like to make a phone order.
- Stop into our brick and mortar store located in Breckenridge, Colorado, the epicenter of CBD and hemp, where you can experience our one-of-a-kind CBD sample bar!
Start getting more out of each day with Pharmstrong™!