What Is the Difference between CBD and CBG?Melissa Dugan
You have probably heard about CBD, the hemp-derived compound that took the wellness market by storm in 2018. The all-natural ingredient quickly skyrocketed in popularity as soon as success stories began showing up on message boards, social media, and between friends. Positive reviews continue to fuel the increasing demand as eager consumers rush to purchase CBD products in hopes of experiencing the same natural benefits as their friends. On a given day, CBD enthusiasts praise the plant-derived compound for:
- Promoting mental clarity and peace of mind
- Encouraging a more sound, restful night’s sleep
- Improving post-workout routines by expediting muscle recovery
- Relieving discomfort in overworked or aging joints
- Helping active, busy minds wind down
- Elevating daily skin-care regimens
These are just a few of the many reasons first-time CBD users quickly become regulars. The compound is versatile and capable of delivering numerous benefits, depending on the person and their specific wellness needs.
If CBD is new to you, here are a few basic things you need to know so you can understand this popular wellness ingredient:
- CBD is an acronym for cannabidiol. It is a compound derived from the hemp plant. It is one of many similar compounds extracted from hemp called cannabinoids.
- CBD is a natural, plant-derived ingredient used in topically-administered and orally-administered health and wellness products.
- Hemp-derived CBD is completely legal in the United States since the passing of The Farm Bill in 2018, which legalized hemp-derived CBD containing up to .3% THC.
- THC is the ingredient known to produce mind-altering side effects, and because .3% is considered a minuscule amount, CBD is not known to produce such effects.
- Some premium CBD retailers, like Pharmstrong™, offer exclusively THC-free products. This puts the minds of consumers at ease because there is no detectable THC present in their product.
- CBD is safe to use daily and non-addictive, so it is an appealing option for individuals who want to enjoy the perks of the compound on a regular basis.
CBD has gotten a lot of attention lately as the demand for new, innovative products continues to rise. While CBD’s momentum doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon, there is another compound gaining attention and some consumers are craving more information about it: CBG.
Getting to Know CBG
Because many people are unfamiliar with CBG, they may confuse it with CBD, assuming they are the same. CBG is actually surprisingly similar to CBD, but there are some differences, too.
Get to know the basics of CBG, and why everyone is talking about it lately:
- Like CBD, the compound, CBG, is also derived from the hemp plant. Short for cannabigerol, CBG shares many of the same wellness benefits as it’s sister compound, CBD.
- CBG is found in significantly lower concentrations in the full-grown hemp plant (less than 1%), making the compound much more rare and difficult to yield high levels.
- CBG is sometimes referred to as “the mother of all cannabinoids” because it is actually most prevalent in the young hemp plant, in the form of the powerful compound CBG-a (cannabigerol acid). Over the hemp plant’s life cycle, the CBG-a is converted into other compounds like CBD-a, CBC-a, and THC-a. Once the plant enzymes convert the acidic CBG compound into the acidic forms of CBD, CBD, and THC, very little CBG remains.
- Expert cultivators have worked tirelessly to pinpoint the precise moment in the hemp plant’s life cycle where CBG is most prevalent, and are harvesting the plant early to use the beneficial CBG compound in wellness products.
- Once harvested, CBG is extracted using the same scientifically-advanced methods used to strip CBD from the hemp’s leaves, stalks, and flowers – resulting in a pure, clean extract.
- Like CBD, hemp-derived CBG is legal and completely safe to use.
At Pharmstrong™, we are committed to providing you with the most thorough, well-researched health and wellness information to help you make informed decisions about your daily wellness products. Because CBG is one of the newest hot topics, we are glad to help you understand the qualities and legality of the compound for your benefit.
Experience The Entourage Effect
Pharmstrong’s™ Verified Pure Premium Grade™ CBD products are some of the highest quality CBD products on the market today. Everything we sell is guaranteed to be Pure + Potent, and our fast-acting, long-lasting options deliver unprecedented benefits. That’s because our CBD is broad-spectrum, which means our phytocannabinoid-rich extract contains several beneficial cannabinoids, including CBD, CBG, CBN, and more, to maximize your wellness experience.
This is commonly referred to as The Entourage Effect. When many strong, independently powerful compounds work together, the benefits are amplified as the ingredients work synergistically in the body, providing you with the most profound CBD experience possible.
Pharmstrong’s™ CBD products contain numerous beneficial cannabinoids, allowing you to experience The Entourage Effect when you consume them. Our products are also thoroughly purified to ensure that all unwanted, unhealthy compounds, like pesticides, heavy metals, molds, and THC are removed. You can see the purity of our products when you view the third-party lab results on our website, or by scanning the unique QR code on your bottle.
Get Started Today!
Pharmstrong™ offers a wide array of product options to fit into just about anyone’s daily routine. We offer:
- CBD Softgels
- CBD Oral Drops
- CBD Multivitamin Gummy Drops
- Topical CBD, like CBD for the face and body
- A CBD Vape Pen
- Specially-formulated CBD for Pets
We even offer budget-friendly CBD Kits, which feature two or more of our intelligently-paired products at a discounted price, plus an additional perk: free shipping! Our CBD Kits take the guesswork out of product-pairing and make it easier for you to try more than one product while sticking to your budget.
Also, if you love the idea of trying many products, we recommend visiting our shop in Breckenridge Colorado, where you can experience our one-of-a-kind CBD Sample Bar! There’s nothing quite like it, and you can enjoy one-on-one recommendations from our friendly, knowledgeable staff, too!
If you aren’t local to Colorado, you can still enjoy every Verified Pure Premium Grade™ product Pharmstrong™ has to offer. You can always shop online, or call our designated line for phone orders at 1-866-399-5371.
Get started today, and start enjoying everything our premium broad-spectrum CBD has to offer!